Recipe by Mama Jam
Chicken Cordon Bleu
“The addition of bacon in this Cordon bleu recipe makes it one of my favorite comforting recipes. I’ve made it for both friends and family, and everyone’s a fan”- Mama Jam
• 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
• 4 slices streak bacon
• 2 slices Gruyere or Swiss cheese
• 1/4 cup butter, melted
• 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon paprika
• Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top each with bacon and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
• Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt and paprika. Dip chicken in butter then roll in crumb mixture.
• Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks.
1 each: 441 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 792mg sodium, 10g
carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 46g protein.
DID YOU KNOW
Cordon Bleu is a French term meaning, blue ribbon.